We support your decision to have your child baptized here at the
Cathedral of St. Peter-in- Chains.
Please review the information given below.
1. Parents/Guardians may request permission for baptism by phone.
2. It is presumed, that by making the request for baptism of their child, parents/guardians are making their best effort to attend Sunday Eucharist regularly and support the Church financially.
3. If parents/guardians belong to another Parish, they are required to present to us a letter of permission from their Parish Priest.
4. Parents are asked to attend a Baptismal Preparation catechesis at a time arranged with the Priest.
5. It is liturgically appropriate to celebrate Baptism during the Sunday Eucharist, where the faith community is gathered together for worship. However, baptism can be celebrated outside of Mass. Please arrange with the Priest.
6. Baptism Application forms must be completed and handed to the Priest after attending the Baptismal Preparation course.
Should you need to talk privately to the Priest, please do not hesitate to call and make an appointment. God Bless.